Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bowling on the deck

Darn.  I didn't take a picture but today Amiah and Ammon and I bowled on the deck.  We got out the kids bowling set and made a bowling alley.  The weather was a-ma-zing.  So beautiful.  So we took turns and the first try Amiah did not succeed.  She does NOT live by the motto "If at first you don't succeed...try try again."  She thinks "If at first I don't succeed I won't play anymore."  It was fun.  Ammon and I bowled for awhile.  Then we blew bubbles.  Then we threw items off the deck and Amiah retrieved most of them.
Then we played cards.  Amiah won.  A lot.  So she kept playing.  Then we played a different card game and Amiah lost and so...yep.  She quit.  She is so funny spending so much of her time making her life a "get over it" time instead of just laugh at it.
She reminds me of me.  She is so hard on herself and so am I.  So, I love on her and laugh with her or at least encourage her to laugh.  I tell her how amazing she is and how perfect it all is and winning is nothing but laughing is everything.  I am preaching to myself as well and then we laugh together.  I, who will never take a tease from anyone except my grandkids, will tease and joke and let loose.  I get why these beautiful people are in my life.  I get to let loose and lighten up on myself and be me and they love it and I love it and them.
Thank you dear God for sending these wonderful lovers of my soul that have come here right now to allow me to learn what no one else has successfully taught me.  All those wonderful souls that stood up for me and believed in me were no match for these fine faces that simply want to be with me.
Be.  With me. 
So I will be.  Whoever I am with.  My grandkids are very good teachers.

2 comments: