Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hormone Song by MEW

I have a little pill
doesn't look like much to me
before it came along
I was sad and so lonely.


Even though folks were around
I didn't hear that sound
of laughter and happiness
rage in my heart was found.


And so the doctor said to me
I think I have a remedy
let me give you this prescrip
before you check into the mental county


It will bring you back to yourself
it will make all things new
it's called Estrogen
"don't worry I take it too."


My husband got a ticket
on the way to the pharmacy
fear gripping his every part
stayin alive's how he wanted to be.


Hubby holdin his breath standing by my side
the pill went down with some water's sip
waiting for relief and my return
away from this sweating stranger's grip.


Believing this could be too good
could this really be true?
that this pill's promise soon would come
I could smile and sing again too?


Five days later there was a glimpse
of that Mary Ellen we used to know
a sparkle, a snicker, and even some sleep returned
the signs we had searched for so long high and low.


And today almost two weeks have come and gone
that little pill has worked real good
and now we can party and laugh and giggle
more of the day than not I feel just like I should.


Who would have thought a little white pill
could make such a change in our life
Hubby can joke free from fear
Almost like when she became his wife.


No more constant but occasional temps rise up from hell
the lady of the house begins to yell
"It's so hot in here!  Let's open a window!"
Why? no one can explain, not a soul can tell.


I love life again and that pill it's true
what the doctor said and the promise given
when she said it will help and restore so much
I have come back happily joining the livin.

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME! :) Love your ode to your happy pill. Hurray for meds that work!

    ReplyDelete