Sunday, February 28, 2010

Worries...

Jesus told me personally to let your worries be in His Father's hands. He said be thankful for today and let tomorrow take care of itself. He said the birds of the air are to be my example of no worries. Yet my anxious heart goes crazy. I can feel the weight of my world and it quite frankly, feels like too much.
How does one learn this lesson of the ages? How does one learn to trust implicitly with a child that has no one who really truly cares for them? How does one learn to let another learn their lessons and take their own chances without getting my opinions and my learned lessons in their way?
And Father in heaven, how do I learn to trust you with my own father on this earth? How do I let you have his health and vitality and wellness and me not worry? This is a big one for me. You know Lord, that I want to be anxious. It is my assumed job. A job that You never assigned to me.
And so I minute by minute let go of the white knuckled grip of worry over to You. Less and less this grasp of control as it yeilds its way to trust and acceptance. For You are to be trusted. You are worthy of my most valuable ones. You are capable and ready. You have proven Yourself over and over again and my heart need not be tormented.
Guide me at what I should do, how to accomplish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment