Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happiness...my choice.

Yes, as the years pass I realize how much happiness is a choice. How I desire to always choose it. When smacked in the face with difficult people (who seem to make it their daily ambition to get under my skin), traumatic illness, death, when others choose actions that dramatically affects so many around them and in the world, and just plain boredom, I can still choose happiness.
Happiness has a bad rap. For some they will say I may not be happy but I have joy.(This is stated in the most pious form.) Please pardon me if you have said that from the deepest part of you. I realize that we have been trained to believe that God does not want us to be happy. That somehow carrying around a burden is my responsibility. But for some they say this almost as an excuse of sorts to keep from making the choice to be happy.
Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life and life abundantly." I really think He would love for my choice to be to rest, breathe, and love. When I act in faith that all is well and in it's perfect order then I can easily choose happiness. When I know that my life is perfect and resting in the hands of a loving kind Father then I can choose happiness.
This is my goal. This is the way I want to live. I choose happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment