Wednesday, August 12, 2009

To the sun...

Dear Sun,

I want to say thank you. Every morning I awake during the dark. As you approach my day I experience something every single time whether I acknowledge it or not. I feel this wonderful washing. With the new day I realize that yesterday is no more. The night is no more. This new day is here and I can grab a hold of it and say "Yes!" or I can choose to hang onto yesterday. It is a choice. When I choose to hang onto yesterday I know that I miss whatever is happening today. Why would I do that? (many reasons...all of them silly.)
And so today I choose today. Yesterday was wonderful! We celebrated Lee's birthday in a very unusual way as we declared her 80! We laughed and visited with many who came and went. There was a wonderful energy in the salon with Karla there. (Thank you Karla!) And I learned things yesterday.
But now it is today. I take it in and embrace it for what will be today. I let go of what is no more and take hold with a tight grasp of what will be right now...today.
So, thank you, Sun for the opportunity to experience this new way.
And as for this post, yes, it may sound esoteric and etherial but in my own way it is what I wanted to say right now. So there.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment