Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cheerios and stuff.

Have you ever wondered why we grow up?  I do.  I know, I know, I am supposed to learn and mature and think of others and learn my manners and know how to say thank you and learn how to pay bills all on my own and take care of myself and learn that matches can hurt me and and and.  But why must I lose that little girl that was so wonderful when she came here?  The one that skipped and played and thought life was magic and a yummy bowl of cereal was good enough reason to get out of bed.  I don't want the pigtails but I want the ruffles and flowers and idealism.  I wonder when she left. 
I think she is coming back.  I think that's why the year 50 is so powerful.  As this new stage happens I get to take care of me for once in many many years.  I get to choose things that make just me happy.  I get to play really hard with my grandchildren and other kids that come around.  I have so many things to choose and paints to paint and laughter to have and jewelry to make and glue to stick underneath my fingernails.
How silly that all this time I was still that little girl but decided to act all grown up and wise and the things about me that others enjoy comes directly straight from that girl inside me.  She is busting out and wanting to just simply be.  I get to see my God from a place of innocence and simple belief that what He says He will do and sometimes I just don't have to know how. 
Yay!  I don't have to know how God is.  I just have to know that He is. 
Now, where did I put my Cheerios?

No comments:

Post a Comment