Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just in case...I love you.

So my grandchildren took off to Colorado a couple of weeks ago and have now safely returned. They were concerned about being gone for so long and were having a hard time saying goodbye. I know they wanted me to come along and that just was not going to happen so the goodbyes were furrowed brows but fine.
So the next day I get a phonecall from Ammon. He sounded somewhat concerned when he told me that there had been a tornado warning and some sightings of golf ball sized hail. He said "I'm calling to tell you 'I love you' just in case we don't make it. We are searching for shelter now." There was some laughter in the background but I knew that Ammon was taking this seriously!
I asked if they knew where they would go and he said "We have to find shelter. I'll call you when we are in shelter."
I reassured him and told him how very much I loved him and also that there was assigned protection around their car. (I had asked specifically for angels to guard their travel.) I then waited for the next call.
He called a little while later and said "We are at shelter. We made it!" His tone was breathy and relieved. I smiled and told him how happy I was to hear that they had made it safely. I then asked where they were.
He said "McDonalds."
And there you go.

1 comment: