Monday, November 22, 2010

My 100th post...

So...what to write for my 100th post?

Being close to Thanksgiving I realize the same thing every year and more and deeper each year.  I am blessed.  I am covered with blessings.  I am drowning in them.  I breathe them in and I can smell the happiness.  For the blessings that I am truly grateful for have very little to do with my things...my stuff.  I am grateful for them, don't get me wrong.  But they are usually very short lived when it comes to deep true happiness. 
Now I realize that I am grateful for good sleep.  For peaceful nights.  For hearts to continually beat inside the chest of those I really love. 
I appreciate how a good movie can change the way I view tragedy or love.  Or a really great book. 
I am grateful when my husband arrives home safely in the bad weather.
I am so thankful for creativity and sparks of ideas that press in and I must comply immediately for fear they will leave and never return.
I love music.  I love how it touches my soul and breaks me open to feel something words cannot express.
I am so happy when a dear friend or family ends the phone conversation with the words "I love you."
I am thankful that all the things my heart holds dear and all the things I know not and all the people that desire peace and health are all in the sweet hands of God.  I am thankful I have learned to trust Him.  Most of the time.  And when I worry it is perfect because that brings me to my knees which is a great place to be.
I love the times when I laugh till I cry and the times when I cry and my husband makes me laugh.
I love the babies that grow into the most amazing people that I have ever met.  Ever.

And there is my 100th post.

I am thankful you took the time to read it.  I am thankful for you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for you too! Been thinking of you alot lately. Hope your well. Happy Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete