Saturday, September 25, 2010

Who is that bald guy?

I can't believe I forgot to post Jim's picture after shaving his head.  I am now getting used to it but the first day he did it I was not happy.  Being forewarned I got even more wound up about it.  This was a great lesson for me. 
Do I have the right to tell anyone (including the person I live with) how they get to express themselves?  Do I get to demand a defined set of behavior?  I realize now how healthy it is to allow Jim to express himself as he sees fit.  I am not proud of the fact that I had threatened him saying "I will never go out to dinner with you like that."  I swiftly took it back when I got hungry the second day.
Jim will continue this maintenance program as long as he wants.  But there will come a day when this constant shaving will get old.  In the mean time, I have come to like it.  As strange as that sounds, I have decided to like him no matter how he looks.  And he doesn't look bad.
I like the nickname one of my more demure clients called him.  It's one of my favorites and I think it sticks.
Slick.

3 comments:

  1. Well he looks absolutely gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hes ugly and bald he should just go back to baldville where he belongs and make some more ugly beaded necklaces that distract people from his ugly bald head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why does your husband look like a damn thumb

    ReplyDelete